Together is a passion project inspired by the challenges that come with living with others.
Wireframing, prototyping, user empathy, interaction design
This project is still in progress but is projected to be done by November!
To create an integrated app to manage all the struggles of sharing a space with others and fostering connection in the process.
See an overview of daily tasks, recommendations for things to do based on your selected focus areas, and goals to accomplish with your partner.
Collaborative calendar to keep track of each other's schedule, account for conflicts, and plan things to do together.
After conducting one-on-one interviews, I created the following personas.
Amanda is a busy undergraduate student who moved into a house with three other friends. They established a chore chart together, but over time, everyone got busy and started forgetting to do their chores. In addition, some of her roommates often forget to pay bills on time, and Amanda has had to spot for them. Amanda is frustrated that her roommates are neglecting their shared responsibilities but is not sure how to confront them.
Victor just started his first year of medical school and is living with his long-time girlfriend. Victor is often overwhelmed with work and is having trouble finding a balance between school and maintaining a healthy relationship. He is currently using a calendar to organize his day but sometimes forgets to keep his girlfriend on the same page.
1. Remembering and reminding others to do chores, get groceries, and split bills.
2. Scheduling conflicts that lead to miscommunication.
3. Forgetting to make time to relax and hangout.
I conducted an analysis of the most popular collaborative planning app, Cozi.
1. The app gets the job done, but the UI could be more intuitive and modernized.
2. The organization is logical and well-oriented towards its intended audience, which is families.
3. The calendar view is limited and could use more division.
I started off with simple pen-on-paper wireframes to visualize what functions were needed and how the app would come together.